Monday, February 17, 2014

Freezer Meal Swap

Back in July I blogged about some freezer cooking I was doing in this post. Well I have been enjoying it so much that I have formed a little Freezer Meal Swap club. I had read about it online and thought it sounded like a fun idea to try. Each member cooks 5 of the same freezer meal. They keep one for their family, and then swap the rest for the other members' freezer meals.

We have done it twice now and here is why I am loving it!
~It's FUN to eat food prepared by someone else. It almost always tastes better!
~It is easier to make 5 of the same meal all at once than it is to prepare 5 separate meals.
~My freezer is stocked with homemade meals, ready to pop in the oven when I'm too busy to cook.
~Our "swaps" are also playdates, so the moms and kids all have fun!

In January I made 5 meals of BBQ Beef & Bean Casserole with a Cornbread Topping. Three other ladies showed up, each with 4 of the same meal. I kept one of my casseroles for myself and ended up with a Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole (x2), a Chicken Pot Pie, and a Mexican Quesadilla Casserole. Yum!

This month I made 5 meals of Turkey Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups. I was a little overwhelmed by all the ingredients at first, but they turned out great!
I kept one Lasagna meal for myself, and after the swap I brought home Sweet and Sour Chicken, Sour Cream Noodle Bake, Smoked Sausage Soup, and Spaghetti with Meatballs and Breadsticks. I can't wait to try everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment