Thursday, August 14, 2014

25 Week Prenatal Appointment

I met with my midwife today for my 25 week prenatal appointment. Here are my stats:

Weight Gain: 28 lbs
Blood Pressure: 106/58

Interestingly, I am now at the exact weight that I was at when I first got pregnant with Ryan. I'm sure glad I was able to lose that extra weight before having babies number 2 and 3! The midwife was very happy with my progress and the baby's growth. I asked her about all my aches and pains and she gave me the answer I was expecting....very typical when having your 3rd or 4th baby, especially when they are close together. My ligaments are very loose and that is why I am having this discomfort. I am even hearing and feeling popping sounds in my pelvis when I roll over in bed.

We reviewed the results from my 20 week ultrasound. Baby is measuring right on track. She was breech during the ultrasound, but it is too early to be concerned about her position. The midwife did note that my placenta is anterior, which may make it harder for me to feel the baby kick. I'm having no problem feeling this little girl kick, although it is always on the right side.

I did a little research online and found that an anterior placenta can also explain why it has been so hard to hear her heartbeat. Basically, the placenta is attached to the front of my uterus instead of the back, which is more typical. So the placenta is in between my belly and the baby. My research online also revealed that an anterior placenta makes it harder to determine the baby's position, and can also make it more likely for the baby to be in a posterior position, or "sunny-side-up". Eeek! I do NOT want to give birth to another baby who is facing up. One time was painful enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment