Thursday, August 7, 2014

Clearing Out My Freezer

One of my goals before we move next month is to eat most of the food in our freezer. I'm sure there is a way to easily transport cold food when moving, but it just sounds like one more thing for me to worry about. So my goal is an empty freezer by the end of the month!

I organized everything in our garage freezer so I could see what I have to use up. Here is a picture of it right now.
I quickly realized that we have a lot of food to eat. So I made a list of all the meals I could prepare using what we have on hand, with the exception of fresh produce and cheese. I did this same thing back in October of last year in an effort to clear out space in our freezer and same some money, and it worked really well. I blogged about it here.

Here is the list of meals I came up with based on what is in our freezer and pantry. Freezer Meals are meals either I or a friend in my freezer meal swap have already prepared. I will also be getting 3 additional freezer meals next week at our monthly swap! (And swapping out those aluminum foil meals on my top shelf)

Chicken Enchiladas
Pan Fried Chicken Breast
Pesto Chicken Penne Casserole (Freezer Meal)
Shredded Chicken Burritos (Freezer Meal)
Chicken Tamales from Costco
Chicken Sausage and Pepper Hoagies
Ground Beef Spaghetti
Burgers
Tacos
Beef Enchiladas
Crockpot Chili (Freezer Meal)
Trader Joe's Beef Lasagna
BBQ'd Tri-Tip
Minute Steaks
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
Salmon
11 Bean Soup w/ Homemade freezer bread
Pesto Minestrone Soup
Homemade Cheese Pizza

That is a solid 20+ meals to last us until early September. Too bad my boys will only eat approximately 5 of those meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment