Thursday, October 30, 2014

Overnight Oats

I used to eat hot oatmeal for breakfast every morning, but I rarely do these days because it seems too time consuming to make in the morning. So instead I eat overnight oats!
 
Now before I share the recipe, I will say that this method of eating oatmeal isn't for everyone. Adam takes one look at my overnight oats and practically gags. However, I love it. I prepare it the night before so all I have to do in the morning is sprinkle on some toppings and it's ready to eat! I eat it cold but you could certainly heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds. Here is the basic recipe:
 
Overnight Oats
1/2 cup Oats
1/2 cup Milk
2 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
Sprinkle of Cinnamon
Few drops of Vanilla
 
-Combine all ingredients and cover. Place in refrigerator overnight.
-In the morning top with whatever you'd like. I usually choose a fruit and a nut/nut butter. One of my favorite toppings is frozen blueberries. If your like your oatmeal sweeter your could add maple syrup, honey or brown sugar.

 
Overnight oats topped with sunflower seeds, pomegranate arils, and peanut butter.

 
Overnight oats topped with cashews and banana slices.
 
Do you eat cold overnight oats? Hot oatmeal? No oats at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment