Thursday, November 13, 2014

38 Week Pregnancy Update

Here I am at 38 weeks pregnant feeling huge, tired, achy and pretty much ready to not be pregnant anymore! It's tough because on the one hand I am so uncomfortable and ready to be done.  But I also know that the baby needs to stay in as close to 40 weeks as possible to fully develop. So I want to go in to labor, but I also don't!
I had my checkup with the midwife today and here are my stats:

Total Weight Gain: 51 lbs
Blood Pressure: 103/63

I am now 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. The midwife also said that the baby has dropped to a -2 station, which means she is right there, basically ready to fall out. (Or at least I hope that's how she comes out!). After the midwife checked me she told me there's no way I'm making it to my due date.

She measured my belly and it measured at 36 cm. I asked her why it is 36 when I'm 38 weeks pregnant, and she said this is because the baby has already dropped. Therefore, my stomach isn't sticking out as big anymore because the baby has settled into my pelvis already. She is head down and ready to go!

The midwife warned me that this labor would likely be quicker than Lucas' 5-hour labor. She told me not to dilly-dally at home once labor starts, and to get to the hospital as quickly as possible.

I packed my hospital bag this week, as well as an overnight bag for the boys. We have a few finishing touches to make in the nursery, but I think I have everything I need for baby girl. So now it's just a waiting game!

No comments:

Post a Comment