Thursday, January 1, 2015

Weighty Wednesday: Round 3

It's that time again! Time for me to get serious about losing the baby weight. It was easy after Ryan was born, harder after Lucas, and I'm sure it will be even more difficult this time. I'm older, busier, and have more to lose. But I know it's do-able and I will feel better about myself at a lower weight.  I'd like to say my motivation is all about being healthy and not about my physical appearance, but it's not. In all honesty I want to look thinner. When I am at a lower weight I feel better about myself physically, and therefore have more confidence. So I'm using these pictures of myself as motivation. Both were taken once all my baby weight was lost after each boy. I felt and looked good in these pictures.

Ok let's talk numbers. I'm not exactly sure how much I gained with Jenna (our scale broke towards the end of my pregnancy. It was tired of being used so much!) My last weight check at the doctor was 51 pounds gained at 38 weeks, so I'm just going to say I gained 55 pounds total. I've lost around 24 pounds so far. That means I have 31 pounds left to lose to put me at the weight I was in these pictures. I would love to have it all off by the summer, which means I'll need to lose just over 1 pound per week on average. I think that's a realistic goal.
  

Lbs Lost So Far: 0
Lbs Left To Lose: 31
 
I've been thinking a lot about HOW exactly I'm going to lose this weight. I considered tracking my calories using MyFitness Pal, but I just don't have the extra time to do that right now. I could join a gym but that is too expensive.  I do best when I have a concrete plan to stick to. Simply saying I'm going to "eat healthier" or "move more" won't work. In the past I set small goals for myself each week, and that seemed to work okay. So I'll do that until I think of something more effective. I am open to suggestions from all of you! For this first week my plan is to cut out sugar. No desserts or added sugar of any kind.
 
I'm excited to lose this weight. I can't wait to fit back in to my regular clothes, have more energy, and look my best. I will plan on checking in with my weight here at least every other week, or every week if I have time. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment