Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Weighty Wednesday: Week 1

The first week of my diet is over and I'm feeling pretty proud of myself! Not a single bite of dessert crossed my lips. The first few days were pretty rough...I had a headache all three days, and on one day it turned into a bad migraine. But since then I've been feeling great. I do occasionally crave something sugary, so it helps to just not keep desserts in the house.

The other change I made this week was to make some healthier swaps in my diet. For example, one night I cooked white rice as a side dish for dinner but cooked myself a yam instead. Another night when I made rice (my boys love white rice) I made brown rice for myself. I've been eating less bread and waffles for breakfast, and more oatmeal, eggs, yogurt and fruit. For lunch I've been fixing myself lots of big salads with leftover meat, eggs, cheese, and a variety of fruits and vegetables. My new favorite afternoon snack is a green apple with a chunk of Cabot sharp cheddar cheese. Dinner is whatever I make for my family, with the occasional swap for a healthier side dish.

So how did these tweaks to my diet affect my weight loss? I lost 4 pounds this week! I actually did some research the other night on healthy weight loss for a breastfeeding mother. Most sources seemed to say that anything above a 2 pound loss per week could negatively affect my milk supply. I'm not entirely sure my scale is accurate (it's been known to give us weird readings), but I will definitely pay more attention to my weight this week. If it looks like I'm losing too much I will have to reevaluate what I'm eating.

Lbs Lost So Far: 4
Lbs Left To Lose: 27

For this next week I am going to continue to eat healthier foods. No desserts, and lots of healthy swaps in my diet. I am also going to focus on drinking more water. I recently bought this Aladdin cup from Target.

It holds 20 oz and keeps the liquid insulated and cold. I think using this will remind me to drink more throughout the day. My goal is to drink 3 of these full of water each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment