Friday, February 27, 2015

3 Things I Love About Rocklin

We visited our hometown this past weekend. It was great seeing family and friends, but it also made me a little sad because there are many things I still miss about Newark. However, there are many things about our new town that I really do love. Here are a few things I am loving about Rocklin right now:

1) Trees!
Or more specifically, the way they look as the seasons change. When we first moved here in the Fall the colors of the trees were gorgeous. Deep red, orange, yellow, green, and purple leaves were everywhere. Looking out our master bedroom window took my breath away at first because the trees outside were just so beautiful. Now that Spring is almost here, I am once again amazed at how beautiful the seasons are. We have a tree in our front yard that is blooming pink flowers (see above) and I love it! I realized the other day that these same pink trees are everywhere in Rocklin. The streets are just lined with trees bursting with pretty light pink flowers.

2) Neighborhood! This is more specific to our neighborhood. We live on a court, which I love. We can walk to our preschool in 1 minute because it's on our court! We can walk to the local park in 5 minutes. The Elementary school is also a 5 minute walk from our house, and the grocery store is about an 8 minute walk. We are also about a 5 minute drive from the middle school and high school. Talk about convenient! I also feel incredibly safe in our neighborhood and everyone I have talked to has been so friendly and welcoming.

3) Kids!
Seriously, everyone has kids up here. It is not uncommon to meet large families, and nobody bats an eye if you say you have 3, 4, or 5+ kids. It is just a very family-oriented community and I love that. Case in point: You now those shopping carts with the steering wheels that are for kids? They have a special area for kids to sit and "steer" the cart. Well, I haven't visited a grocery store up here that doesn't have them. They are everywhere. Even non-grocery stores have them because there are just so many families with children around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment