Friday, March 13, 2015

Easy To Love

When my boys were babies (especially Ryan) I often found myself wishing the days would go by faster. I couldn't wait for them to grow out of the baby phase, and I feel really guilty admitting that.  I just didn't love the baby stage with my boys. I had pretty much decided I wasn't one of those moms who adores having an infant. I longed for a break to get away from the crying. I looked forward to nap time so I could finally have a hands-free moment. Now please don't misunderstand me...I love my boys to pieces! Their baby stage was just really hard for me.

But this baby? This little girl has stolen my heart.
I remember the day that I found out her gender. Discovering that I was going to have a girl felt like such a gift. I didn't know how much I wanted a daughter until I had one. Each day that passes I fall more in love with her.

I know this might sound kind of cheesy and overly emotional for me, but it's the truth. I want to write about how I'm feeling right now so I remember what a joy Jenna was as a baby. She is almost always happy and content. Jenna is just so easy to love. She wakes up with a big smile on her face. If I talk to her or even just smile at her, she melts my heart with her smile. (See photo above). I look forward to holding her and talking to her and taking care of her each day. Jenna is such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment