Thursday, March 5, 2015

Stitch Fix Review #12

I received my 12th Stitch Fix box this week and it was a really good one! I've said it before and I'll say it again....receiving my Stitch Fix box each month is such a fun treat. Knowing someone spent the time to evaluate my profile and select clothes just for me makes the whole experience so special.

This month I asked my stylist to send me casual clothes. Most of my time outside of the house is spent at the park, running errands, going to t-ball practice....all with little kids in tow. I need clothes that are comfortable and casual. I think my stylist did an excellent job nailing my "style" this month. (Do I really even have a style?)

Here is the note my stylist wrote to me:  Hi Stephanie! You do such an amazing job keeping your Pinterest board updated, thank you! I was able to find you the Olive & Oak Mulliken shirt that you pinned. This will be a fun top to wear to the park or baseball practice with your skinny jeans and some sneakers. I also found you the Woodland tee, I think you are going to love the soft fabric and casual fit, it will be perfect for throwing on with your jeans for preschool drop off! I know how much you love lace and unique details so I couldn't resist sending you the gorgeous Kathina top. This will be such a fun piece for spring layered under your Abrianna cardigan! I was also able to find you a gorgeous maxi dress that I think you will love. It will be very flattering styled with a cardigan for a play date or dress it up by adding a belt and some wedges. Enjoy! Heather

Gail Peasant Knit Top by Skies Are Blue
Let's start with my least favorite item in the box. This top left me scratching my head because I have no idea why it was sent to me. It doesn't suit my body type very well. The color seems more appropriate for the Fall, and nowhere in my profile did I say I loved peasant or bohemian styles. Trying it on confirmed my initial thoughts. Status: RETURNED
 
Mulliken Raglan Striped Knit Shirt by Olive & Oak
I love this top! I can see myself wearing it to Ryan's t-ball games or just playing outside with the kids. I think the color combination is fun and the material is incredibly soft. Adam initially told me it looked like something our 4-yr old son would wear, but I disagree. Once I tried it on I still loved it, but wasn't sure if the horizontal stripes were doing me any favors. I'm also looking for more short-sleeve tops now, rather than 3/4 sleeve length. I grudgingly sent this one back. Status: RETURNED
Kathina Sheer Cut Out Top by Fate
I could go on and on and on about how much I love this shirt. It is a casual cotton shirt that is transformed into something special and unique with the cutout layer on top. It is kind of lacey but casual and sturdy at the same time. I can see myself wearing this with jeans or colored shorts in the summer. The white looks great on my skin, the fit is flattering, and the price is right. This is probably one of the best items I have ever received from Stitch Fix. I happily kept this shirt and I am wearing it as I type! Status: KEPT
 Dafne Chevron Maxi Dress by Market & Spruce
I requested a casual maxi dress for the summer, and this dress is exactly that. The navy blue and white pattern is pretty neutral and the cut of the dress is very flattering, especially on my waist and hips. The only downside is the chest area. It makes me look even larger on top than I already am. I just felt too self-conscious in the dress to see myself wearing it often. So close though! Status: RETURNED
Woodland Scoop Neck Tee by Loveappella

This is the kind of item I love receiving from Stitch Fix. Much like the white top I kept, it is casual with unique detailing. At first glance it looks like a basic tee, but the color blocking on the back makes it a little more special. I loved the fit and style of this top and I really wanted to keep it, just like I wanted to keep the other striped top. However, I felt like the tan stripes were so close to my skin color that they kind of washed me out. If the stripes had been white or some other color I probably would have kept this one. Status: RETURNED

Even though it seems like I'm being really nit-picky about each item, I really loved this box of clothes! 4 out of 5 items were totally my style, and the fit was near perfect on everything. Stitch Fix is a treat for me, so I try to only keep the items I am absolutely in love with. Here is a link to one of my other favorite Stitch Fix boxes I have received: Stitch Fix #6

Have you signed up to try Stitch Fix yet? You can fill out a style profile and receive boxes as often as you'd like. You can also choose to receive accessories in your boxes, although I choose to only receive clothes. Stitch Fix is so much fun! Please use my referral link here and let me know if you try it! https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3168832

No comments:

Post a Comment