Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Weighty Wednesday: Easy To Gain

Why is it so much harder to lose weight than it is to gain it? It just seems like so much effort is required to lose weight, but then one day or weekend of eating too much can put you right back at the beginning. I did pretty well last week and even photographed most of what I ate for two days. But then the weekend came and I had the mentality of "I deserve to indulge....it's a holiday!". Oh well, a little indulgence here and there is good for my sanity. Let's just say I ate way too much chocolate last weekend and as a result only lost 1 pound for the week. Here is what I ate Thursday and Friday:

Thursday breakfast: Whole wheat banana pancakes, cutie, coffee with half and half
Cranberry Almond Chicken Salad with cucumbers, peppers, celery, carrots, and a boiled egg.
Tea to warm me up
strawberries for an afternoon snack
Dinner was salmon, whole wheat couscous, and steamed broccoli and carrots. Ryan ate half of my salmon pictured here.
A side salad of butter lettuce
I was hungry before bed so I ate a bowl of grape nuts
Friday's breakfast was homemade granola in milk topped with frozen cherries. Black coffee to drink
Lunch was a salad of butter lettuce, carrots and cucumbers. On the side I had a homemade chicken burger. I cooked these mini chicken sliders for dinner a few weeks ago and froze the extras.

Plus half this carton of yogurt. (grass fed yogurt that I found at Safeway!) Lucas ate the other half.
I was feeling snacky a few hours later so I had a cutie and some roasted chickpeas.
Dinner was crockpot chili topped with cornbread. Leftover steamed veggies on the side.

 A couple handfuls of stovetop popcorn after dinner
 Unpictured is the big brownie and bowl of ice cream I ate after dinner. I baked some goodies for Easter and couldn't resist sampling them! It was all downhill from there......
 
Week 14
Lbs Lost This Week: 1
Lbs Lost So Far: 27
Lbs Left To Lose: 4

I'd love to be done with my weight loss by the end of the month. My original goal was to have all my baby weight lost by June, so I'm definitely ahead of schedule. Time to eat fewer brownies and more veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment