Thursday, May 28, 2015

Triple Birthday Party

Last weekend we had a party to celebrate 3 birthdays! Ryan turning 5, Lucas turning 3, and cousin Bella turning 2. This birthday party was really casual and low-key. No theme, no invitations, no major decorations.....just family, food and fun.

I had a couple helpers in the kitchen to make party desserts.
We made homemade chocolate buttercream frosting and sandwiched it in between graham crackers. We froze them and ate them cold. (My mom made these with homemade vanilla buttercream frosting when I was young and they were my FAVORITE childhood treat!) I also made cupcakes using 100 Days of Real Food's recipe for Carrot Applesauce Muffins (Luke's favorite) and topped it with her Whipped Cream Cheese frosting. These cupcakes contained no refined sugar but I still thought they were delicious!
Can you believe Jenna is two months older than her cousin Lyla? They are practically the same size now!
 Adam BBQ'd some chicken and the kids played with water balloons.
Lucas had a major meltdown halfway through the party and ended up falling asleep. Turns out he was getting sick with a croupy virus. No fun!
The highlight of the party was most definitely the cheeseburger piƱata. I found this little guy at Target and he provided hours of fun.
I filled him with fruit snacks, kazoos, organic lollipops, playdoh, and chocolate coins.
And Adam ended the party like this........
I'd call that a successful triple birthday party! Happy Birthday to Ryan, Bella and Lucas.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing share! My best friend and her father share their birthday on the same day. She organized a family get together on her 25th and father's 50th one. One of the centrally located event space was suggested by me. Booked the caterers and bakers online and got timely deliveries as well.

    ReplyDelete