Monday, September 21, 2015

Jenna: 10 Months

My sweet Jenna, you are already 10 months old today! It's hard to believe you've been in our lives for almost a year now.
This month was a rough one for you. You were sick twice, had your first ear infection, and had surgery. Needless to say, I didn't take a ton of great pictures of you this month. Although Lucas changed the setting on my camera to black and white today, and now we have some cute colorless pictures of you!
You are recovering really well from your surgery! We have your post-op appointment next week, so we'll know more then. But for now you don't seem to be bothered at all by your incision site.
This month was a rough one in terms of sleep. Between being sick and having surgery, you were up a LOT at night. I'd say you're waking up anywhere from 2-6 times per night, which is tough because you used to sleep all night long! I'm usually nursing you back to sleep, and when that doesn't work, I'm bouncing you and pacing your room until you get drowsy. One day you cried yourself to sleep, but that usually doesn't work. Naps are also getting worse. I'm hoping this is just a bump in the road and that I get my great sleeper back soon!!
Ever since Ryan started Kindergarten, you have been spending a lot more time with your big brother Lucas. I'm happy to say that not only is he learning to be more gentle, but you seem to genuinely like him more!
You definitely started moving around more this month! You scoot around really quickly. You also started pulling up on things, up to your knees. You love holding onto my hands and standing up, and then "walking". You are still really wobbly and weak though!
Along with your new mobility comes a lot of curiosity. You love getting into things you shouldn't! You are getting bored with your baby toys, and instead you love playing with your big brothers' things. Bad timing, since Ryan loves playing with tiny legos now. Mommy does lots of picking up and vacuuming!
You are getting sillier every day. You love waving, playing peek-a-boo, and dropping things onto the floor for people to pick up. You also now clap on command, just by hearing the words "clap clap".
You had a major growth spurt this month! At your first pre-op appointment you weighed 17 pounds. About 4 weeks later you went back to the doctor and weighed a little over 18 pounds. I can definitely see you chunking up in your tummy and legs!
And I know the reason behind the chunk.......you eat absolutely everything! Whatever we are eating for our meals, you will eat as well. This month you tasted foods like fried chicken, olives, feta, blackberries, grapes and hummus. You still dislike being spoon-fed.
Jenna Mae Nullmeyer, I love you so much. You are such a perfectly sweet addition to our family and I love the beautiful little girl you are becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment