Thursday, November 12, 2015

Day In The Life 11/12/15

6:05 - I hit snooze on my phone alarm twice. I was up a LOT last night with Jenna.

6:20 - Adam wakes me up with a steaming cup of coffee. Love that guy! I lay in bed for a minute and try to read my "First 5" bible devotional, but I doze off again. Oops!
I get myself dressed and put on a little makeup as quickly as possible. I also make our bed right away because I hate seeing a messy bed. I was reading a blog yesterday about wearing white jeans in the winter, and I realized I could replicate the exact outfit the girl was wearing. White jeans, blue flannel, mustard cardigan and tan booties. Adam tells me I look like a picnic table that got peanut butter spilled on it. Gee thanks.
6:45 - I make oatmeal for Adam and I, and Adam comes downstairs with our favorite little girl.
Normally Adam leaves for work at 7am but he is working locally today so he has an extra 30 minutes to spend at home. I love having an extra set of hands in the morning! Adam wakes up Ryan while I nurse Jenna.

7:15 - I race upstairs to get Ryan's clothes, change the baby, and wake up Lucas. Ryan is wearing his new lined camo pants today. It is 32 degrees outside!
7:45 - After eating a couple bites of cheerios, Ryan is ready to go. We're running late! I put Lucas and Jenna in the double stroller and bundle them up tightly with a big blanket. We wave bye to Daddy and I pray Lucas cooperates in the stroller so we can get to school on time. We run all the way and make it just as the bell rings! I've got to start getting Ryan and myself up earlier.

8:00 - I microwave my now-cold oatmeal and portion out some for Jenna. I top both of ours with this new peanut butter from Trader Joe's that has chia and flax seeds. It's just okay....I prefer their regular PB. We also share a couple persimmons. I'm still not sure if I like them.
Lucas opts for applesauce, a waffle, and a smoothie. (milk, kefir, peanut butter, banana).

8:30 - Time to get cleaning! Lucas watches a cartoon while I clean up the kitchen and Jenna crawls around making a mess. It takes me an hour because I am constantly pulling Lucas off of his sister, but I get the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, the floors swept, and the counters wiped down. The yucky grimy stovetop will have to wait! I also pop a garnet yam into the oven to eat for lunch later.

9:30 - I turn on another cartoon for Lucas so I can put Jenna down for her nap. Once she's asleep I sort through laundry and start a load. Looks like I have 4 loads to do today!
10:00 - Lucas throws a tantrum when I turn off the TV, but I get him upstairs for some play time while I put away 2 loads of laundry from a few days ago. I play a little bit with Lucas in the playroom.
And then get to work straightening up Ryan and Lucas' room. Before and after:
10:45 - Lucas and I head downstairs to have a snack. I eat a boiled egg and he nibbles on a carrot applesauce muffin. I tell him today is a preschool day and he says he doesn't want to go. He's pretty naughty, ripping up one of my magazines and trying to hit me. We sit down and talk about why he doesn't want to go to school and why he's mad. He says he's too shy.

11:00 - Jenna is awake! I try nursing her but she isn't interested. For the next 25 minutes I try to convince Lucas to go potty and get his shoes on. He finally does just in time to walk down to preschool. It's officially girl time for the next hour and a half!

11:45 - I throw another load of laundry in and Jenna and I head out to Target. We pass by Ryan's playground on the way out and I see him playing. I have a few things to return at Target and I really need to find shoes for the boys to wear in our upcoming family photos. The shoes I find are way too expensive, but I do find a few items I need for some homemade Christmas presents I plan on making. Oh my gosh, Christmas stuff everywhere!
12:45 - Jenna and I arrive home and unload our things. We sit down for a quick lunch of random foods. Yam topped with butter and salt, cottage cheese, and cucumber. We're doing our best to stick to our $600 grocery budget for this month, so that means using up what we have instead of buying more food. Jenna eats the same thing as me, plus some cheese and grapes. She was starving! I know I'll be hungry again soon but it's time to get Ryan from school.
1:30 - Once we're home Ryan gets to choose 1 piece of Halloween candy for his treat. He chooses M and M's.
I love this time with him before we pick up Lucas because I can actually hear what he has to say. We look through everything Ryan brought home and play a little bit. Jenna loves her big brother!
2:00 - Time to put Jenna back in the stroller and walk to get Lucas. Unfortunately he had a little accident in his pants today at school. We arrive home and look at everything Lucas made at school.  He's so proud of his work! I start a 3rd load of laundry. The boys eat a snack and I sip some warm tea. It's cold today!

2:45 - I turn on Inspector Gadget for the boys and take Jenna up for her 2nd nap. Lately her afternoon nap has been hit or miss, but she falls asleep today. I come downstairs to find the boys literally pummeling each other. One gets punched in the face and the other gets kicked in the stomach before I break things up.

3:15 - I eat a quick snack:
And then I decide the boys need time outside. So we head out front and play some soccer with the new goal Adam built for them. Then they ride their truck around.
4:00 - Jenna is awake so we head inside. I try to nurse Jenna but the boys start fighting again. There is a lot of screaming and punching and Lucas is really riled up. He hits me, knocks over Jenna's things in her room and starts to trash his room. It's not fun.We're going to my sister's house tonight to celebrate my niece's 8th birthday! I planned on making pizza for the boys for dinner, so I go ahead and make it anyways to eat before we go. However, Lucas is being awful. He takes a swing at me and almost hits Jenna. Then he starts knocking over furniture and I can't calm him down. He won't stay in a timeout so I have to put Jenna in a safe spot and let her scream while I restrain Lucas for a while until his rage goes away. I hate when he's like this.

5:00 - Party time! My niece is super excited that it's her birthday. We eat homemade mac and cheese, and homemade marble cake made by my niece Emma. Lots of carbs. Yum!
The boys play pretty nicely but when Lucas throws a foam roller at his 2 yr old cousin's head, I know it's time to pack up and leave.

7:15 - We're home and Ryan is hungry so I let him have a bowl of brown rice cereal. While he eats I quiz him on his sight words for school. Upstairs we do jammies, teeth brushing, praying and book reading. Which is really difficult when your 3 yr old throws a fit over everything and your baby wants to climb all over you. But we make it through and lights are out by 8pm. I rock and nurse Jenna and she's asleep by 8:30. Whew! Praise God all 3 kids went to sleep easily tonight.

8:30 - I change into my pajamas. I really want to lay down because my head is hurting and I'm so tired. But I head downstairs to clean up the kitchen, switch laundry, pack lunches, and sweep the floor. This is also the time of day when I try to walk through the house and pick up all the random toys and stuff and put it all back where it goes.

9:15 - I sit down to write this blog post and wait for Adam to get home from work. I look down and remember Adam lent me his Garmin Vivo Fit to wear today. I walked 11049 steps today, which is a little over 5 miles. Sounds pretty average I guess. And today was a pretty average Thursday for me!

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment